Friday, October 15, 2010

In My Mailbox: Friday Edition
Posted by Tiffany at 6:28 PM
I know, I know: IMM isn't supposed to be on Friday, but I couldn't wait! I've had my eye on these books for a while now. Today I got:



I know that the autobiography isn't exactly YA, but it has been ONE HUNDRED YEARS in the making! This is the first time that most of this stuff has been allowed to be published. He wrote/dictated it and then decreed that the majority of it could not be published until the 100th anniversary of his death- which is this year! It's a gigantic book, and I can't wait to get started!

Rot & Ruin has been on my wishlist for a while, and I'm mega-excited to finally have it in my hands. The cover, as you can see, is awesome. In fact, inside there are illustrations of trading cards that are pretty damn cool. I wish they'd make the actual cards and give them out as promotional stuff. Basically, they're trading cards of Zombie Hunters, Famous Zombies, and "Catch"s. Not too sure what the catches are, but the one pictured is a mysterious (and scantily clad) young lady who is supposed to reside in a forest. The whole thing has a cool comic book feel. As you can probably tell, I am really excited to get reading. In fact, I'm a little worried that my expectations are too great. I suppose the only way to find out is to dive in. As soon as I've finished Moonshine, it's on to Rot & Ruin.