Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Thousand Flowers by Margo Lanagan: A Zombies vs Unicorns story
Posted by Michaela at 12:59 PM
Summary: A man is accused of a crime he doesn't commit, and a princess gets pregnant. There is really no other way to summarize this without giving everything away.


Okay, Tiffany was all up in arms about Justine Larbalestier spoiling something big about this story (In fact, she went and ripped that badger to pieces. At least I don't have to worry about that anymore.), but honestly, I'm kind of glad about being warned. I won't give it away here, but just a heads up, there is a big spoiler in the introduction to this story.

Anyway, I really can't decide whether I like this story or not. I adored the way the story was written, but the content was rather strange. There was a common theme between her story and her book, Tender Morsels. Still, this was one of my favorites. The characters were good, and I can't think of anything I didn't like besides the plot. I give this a solid four out of five campers saved, and it actually pushed me even further into Team Zombie. Sorry, unicorn lovers. My chances of converting are getting pretty slim.