Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Highest Justice by Garth Nix (A Zombies vs. Unicorns installation)
Posted by Michaela at 2:14 PM
Summary: A princess goes back to a castle (after using a unicorn to revive her dead mother) in order to avenge her death.


You don't realize how much it hurts me to say this, but I was not very fond of this story. I thought it was drawn out and didn't have much of a story line. The characters didn't have as much dimension as they did in his other works (and yes, I know that character development is very hard in short stories, but I just didn't buy it here). Tiffany thinks I'm insane, and who knows, I might be.


I loved Garth Nix's book, Shade's Children. It was tremendous. This story didn't really live up to my expectations, and it kills me. It could very well be that I just hyped myself up too much.


No matter the reason for my disappointment, I feel like this was a poor start to this anthology. therefore, I am firmly planted on Team Zombie, not only because I was already a little biased toward the undead, but because this story really made me think poorly of unicorns. I am going to have to give this a two out of five campers saved.