Friday, September 3, 2010

R.I.P. Challenge
Posted by Tiffany at 9:16 AM

First of all: how much do you love that banner? I'm thinking about printing them on sticker paper to hand out to the people in book club who participate. Or maybe bookmarks? Stainless Steel Droppings is hosting the R.I.P. (Readers In Peril) challenge again this year and I'm going to participate. I've got a collection of Poe and a collection of Lovecraft, along with a few other creepy books, just sitting around, waiting for an excuse to be picked next. I'm thinking that I'll aim for these two:

Peril The Third:
"This peril involves reading one book that fits within the R.I.P. definition."
Short Story Peril:
"I am a big fan of short stories and my desire for this is perhaps no greater than this time of the year. I see Poe and Lovecraft in my future for sure. You can read short stories any time during the challenge. When I can, I like to read short stories over the weekend and post about them around that time. Feel free to do this however you want, but if you review short stories on your site, please link to those reviews on the Book Review site."

There is also a new Peril this year, Peril On The Screen, which involves watching scary movies, as well as different levels of the novel perils. Also, random giveaways of Jennifer Gordon’s (the banner artist) prints and bookplates.