Wednesday, September 1, 2010

On Deck: Immortal by Gillian Shields and Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
Posted by Tiffany at 11:21 AM

I've been meaning to read this one for a while. I finally got started on it earlier this week and the prologue was amazing. One short little half-page and I was completely hooked. I've posted a bit of it here, and if you don't run right out and get it, you're a stronger woman than I.

"Welcome to Wyldcliffe.
This is the place that haunts my present, my past, and my future. That is, if I still have a future. If he will permit that. If he doesn’t destroy me first.
She is by my side, as my sister, but he is in my soul.
He is my enemy, my tormentor, my demon.
He is my beloved."

This cover is amazing, and the story is even cooler.

 "Lisabeth Lewis has a black steed, a set of scales, and a new job: she’s been appointed Famine. How will an anorexic seventeen-year-old girl from the suburbs fare as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?"

I downloaded this book from Net Galley and read it on my (super-amazing-can't-live-without-it) Nook. 

Both reviews are currently in my head, waiting to be typed out. In other words: Coming Soon.