Monday, September 13, 2010

How Do You Read Your Blogs?
Posted by Tiffany at 11:48 AM

Until I got my new phone, I was never up to date on the blogs I follow. Now that I have an android phone with an app that downloads all of the new posts as they're published, I'm always up to date. (See screenshot on the left)  At first I thought this was great. I always had something to read, I could add more blogs anytime I wanted to (without the anxiety about getting buried under new posts), and everything was nice and tidy. However, now the problem is that I don't ever comment. The app I use doesn't have commenting abilities, so I have to exit and open the page in the actual browser, and then I have to try and navigate the site (once it finally loads) in tiny-mode, sign into blogger before I can comment, and then thumb-type and submit a reply. This isn't a huge deal when I really need to do something, but it is enough of a hassle to deter me from those spontaneous "wow, I really love that cover! I'm going to put that on my wish list" type comments.

So now my dilemma is: would I rather be Current or Involved? I'm going to try to remember the posts I wanted to comment on for when I'm actually on the computer, but this is only a temporary patch-up sort of solution. (My memory is not very good.) Does anyone know of an app that lets you comment? Or a better way to get this done? I'd sure like to find a way to have my cake and eat it too.