Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Duel The Fourth! "I Never" by Cassandra Clare
Posted by Tiffany at 1:48 PM

"I Never"
Geektastic
Story #4, 32 pages
(Girl meets Internet Love in Real Life)

Michaela: 3.98 / 5
I loved this! It was a very cute story and I loved that the main character was only sort of into the geeky things. It seems like all of these stories are actually pretty varied, and yet they're all pretty much concerning the same thing. The online game was hilarious- you take the alias of any fictional character, from tv shows or games or whatever else you want. I'm kind of hoping this actually exists.
Tiffany: 4.5 / 5
Is the online game in this story supposed to be like Second Life? (Is that even the right name?) SL is one of those games that I've always been aware of, but I couldn't really tell you what it's about. Anyway, on to the story. This one was so good! I loved that there were different types of characters, shades between geek and non-geek. The main character was great, I liked her right from the start. She was a normal, somewhat shy girl who got dragged into a game and accidentally met the love-letter-writing, classic-lit-loving guy of her dreams. The story starts as she is on her way to a party for players of the game to meet In Real Life. I can't really tell you much else without ruining it, except that this story was perfect! Clare is apparently an AMAZING short story writer. I would love to see a collection of her short works some time in the future. (Did you read her story in Kiss Me Deadly? Fantastic!)

Books For Bears Rating: 4.24 / 5