Sunday, February 13, 2011

Duel The Third! "Definitional Chaos" by Scott Westerfeld
Posted by Tiffany at 11:52 AM
"Definitional Chaos"
By Scott Westerfeld
Geektastic
Story #3, 24 pages
(Geek Noir Detective Story)

Michaela: 3 / 5
I liked it. I thought it was going to be terrible. I didn't like the way he set the story up in the beginning and I hated the main character. I liked the story and T-Moon, but it wasn't enough to save this one from the boring main character.
Tiffany: 3.5 / 5
It took me a while to get into this one, but I enjoyed it. All of the game references were a bit dull and the evil/good/chaos/neutral stuff dragged on (and I hated the player names), but I loved the idea of a noir detective story with a geek as the detective. The scheming was a lot of fun, I just couldn't really get into the characters. 

Books For Bears Rating: 3.25 / 5