Monday, January 24, 2011

Duel the Second! "One of Us" by Tracy Lynn
Posted by Tiffany at 1:28 PM
"One of Us"
Geektastic
Story #2, 32 pages 
(Cheerleader Takes Geekology 101)

Michaela: 4 / 5
I liked the outside perspective on geeky things. Because I actually like these things, I don't really know what people who don't like them think. This gave me an idea. It was sort of funny that her football player boyfriend liked these things (except it felt like he didn't really like them very much). I also learned a couple of things I didn't know. Why is there such a difference between the "old series" and the "new series" of Star Trek?
Tiffany: 3.5 / 5
As a story, this one didn't really do it for me. The main character was pretty stupid if she thought that her boyfriend was going to be grateful. It looked to me like he only had a passing interest in these things. As a guide to all things nerdy, it was fantastic. I thought I knew a bit about the world until I read this. For every one thing I'd heard of, there were two that I hadn't. I kept a list as I read and intend to make a trip to the comic book store. I even tried to get into Buffy (the TV show) but, alas, I hated it just as much as I did when it came out. Guess I'll never earn that Geek Badge.

Books For Bears Rating: 3.75 / 5