Friday, September 10, 2010

Coming Soon
Posted by Tiffany at 10:25 AM
I've been keeping a list of all the books I've read for about two years now and I'm going to work on getting each year's reading list up. I'm hoping to eventually get mini-reviews up for some of the more recent ones. It will be interesting to compare my initial review (in my old book journal) with what I remember of the book's impression now. It's funny how my opinion of a  book can change over time. Is it the initial emotional response that counts? Or is it the book's ability to leave a lasting impression? I suppose it depends on what you're looking to get out of each book. When I pick up YA, I usually expect an easy, exciting, rush of a read. When I pick up a classic, I expect to have to work a bit to really absorb the atmosphere and beauty of the writing, without that immediate thrown-into-the-action YA rush. I hate to call YA junk-food-reading, because it's not, especially not lately. There are so many good author's moving to YA or deciding to debut with a YA novel. We've come a long  way from the days when the YA shelf was Garth Nix, Christopher Pike, R.L. Stine, and awkward romantic crap.

Wow, that really got off topic. Basically: I'm going to add my reading list to the site and start posting mini-reviews for older reads. Sorry for the ramble!