Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On Deck: World War Z by Max Brooks
Posted by Tiffany at 7:25 PM
So far, I absolutely love this book. It's not YA, but it is (so far) not anything that would be completely inappropriate for YA readers. I'm really surprised by this one. I thought it would be your typical zombie apocalypse survival story, but it feels very much like the documentary that it's supposed to be. The journalist has stayed out of the story so far, every character is different (no convenient links between each one), and the snapshots we're given of the different cultures and their different reactions feel really authentic. I can't believe how much I'm learning about other countries. This has been optioned for a movie, but it would be AMAZING as a TV series, with each episode being a different character and story. Review coming soon.

1 comment:

Dwayne said...

Looking forward to the review, am already liking the sound of it!

Post a Comment