Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Egad! Mini Reviews
Posted by Michaela at 4:43 PM



I hate an overused cliche as much as the next girl, but I have some good news and some bad news.The good news is that since I got my nook eBook reader, I have been reading a lot more than I used to. The bad news is that school has started and I am being mauled by stacks of homework each night, leaving me very little time to do full-scale reviews, so I have resolved to do a couple mini reviews.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

This book was amazing. I only put it down when I absolutely had to, and even then I was thinking about it all the time. In fact, I'm reading the sequel now, and I can't stop thinking about it either. I adore the characters, especially Jace. He had the best lines in the book. One of my personal favorites was when they were with the Silent Brothers and he told Clary the sign said, "Shadowhunters: Looking better in black than the widows of our enemies since 1234." I also love the world Cassandra Clare has set up. It really feels like you're there being attacked by demons. Also, the plot twist? Mind blown. That alone left me on a strict diet of berries and small forest animals for weeks.

While I'm still trying to get the skunk smell out of my fur, this book is definitely 5/5 campers saved.

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

To be honest, I really only read this book because the author is coming to my area and my gifted class is going to see her. I had seen it before, but I never really liked it enough to set my other reading aside just to get to it. However, it was a pretty good book. In the beginning of the book, you can tell something's up, but you never really figure out what exactly what it is. Normally that kills me in a book, but I actually liked the constant suspense. The characters were a bit two dimensional, but not bad.

I give this book a 3.5/5 campers saved. Haven't heard news from the hospital yet on whether or not that 50% of a person can be saved, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


1 comment:

Brooke said...

Brooke's Box of Books has awarded you the 'One Lovely Blog' Award! Details here: http://brookesboxofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/09/we-got-another-award-one-lovely-blog.html

Congrats!

~Brooke

Post a Comment